Every ₹10,000 invested in Adani’s listed firms last year is now worth ₹52,000
- The market value of Adani’s listed firms has grown over 5 times in the last one year.
- The group’s listed companies’ market capitalisation has increased from ₹1.64 lakh crore to ₹8.5 lakh crore in this time.
- Four out of the six companies have added more than ₹1 lakh crore to investor wealth, each.
- Here’s a glance at how all the six listed Adani Group companies have performed over the last one year in the share market.
Only Mukesh Ambani stands ahead of Gautam Adani in terms of wealth. Ambani’s fortune stands at $77 billion, Adani is not far behind at $69 billion. In fact, since the beginning of 2021, Adani has added ₹75 crore per hour to his wealth, after Jeff Bezos and French luxury Tycoon Bernard Arnault, who was briefly the richest person in the world.
The story behind the rapid rise in Gautam Adani’s wealth and profile is the group’s focus on infrastructure investments. Over the last two years, the Adani group has made acquisitions worth ₹50,000 crore – of those, ₹25,000 crore came in the last year alone.
AdvertisementEven as the world – and India – was reeling under the COVID-19 pandemic, Adani group companies across power, ports, gas distribution, power transmission sectors have seen a multi-fold surge in their market capitalisation – some of these have seen an increase of nearly 11 times in share prices.
In total, the six Adani Group companies had a market cap of ₹1.64 lakh crore this time, last year. This has now surged to over ₹8.5 lakh crore – an increase of over 420%.
Here’s a quick snapshot of how all the six Adani group companies listed on the stock exchanges have performed over the last 12 months:
An investment of ₹10,000 across the six listed Adani group companies would be worth ₹52,000 now – a return of 420% in just 12 months.
|Company||May 2020 (₹ crore)||May 2021 (₹ crore)||Performance|
|Adani Total Gas||12,604||1,47,292||1069%|
|Adani Green Energy||37,497||2,03,392||442%|
|Adani Ports & SEZ||64,448||1,57,041||144%|
A super hit IPO from 2020 has finally doubled investors' money
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi gets a unique proposal via a newspaper advertisement
Adani Green Energy to acquire SB Energy India, boosting its renewable energy capacity by 4.9GW
Popular on BI
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee