Every ₹10,000 invested in Adani’s listed firms last year is now worth ₹52,000
- The market value of Adani’s listed firms has grown over 5 times in the last one year.
- The group’s listed companies’ market capitalisation has increased from ₹1.64 lakh crore to ₹8.5 lakh crore in this time.
- Four out of the six companies have added more than ₹1 lakh crore to investor wealth, each.
- Here’s a glance at how all the six listed Adani Group companies have performed over the last one year in the share market.
Only Mukesh Ambani stands ahead of Gautam Adani in terms of wealth. Ambani’s fortune stands at $77 billion, Adani is not far behind at $69 billion. In fact, since the beginning of 2021, Adani has added ₹75 crore per hour to his wealth, after Jeff Bezos and French luxury Tycoon Bernard Arnault, who was briefly the richest person in the world.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
The story behind the rapid rise in Gautam Adani’s wealth and profile is the group’s focus on infrastructure investments. Over the last two years, the Adani group has made acquisitions worth ₹50,000 crore – of those, ₹25,000 crore came in the last year alone.
AdvertisementEven as the world – and India – was reeling under the COVID-19 pandemic, Adani group companies across power, ports, gas distribution, power transmission sectors have seen a multi-fold surge in their market capitalisation – some of these have seen an increase of nearly 11 times in share prices.
In total, the six Adani Group companies had a market cap of ₹1.64 lakh crore this time, last year. This has now surged to over ₹8.5 lakh crore – an increase of over 420%.
Here’s a quick snapshot of how all the six Adani group companies listed on the stock exchanges have performed over the last 12 months:
An investment of ₹10,000 across the six listed Adani group companies would be worth ₹52,000 now – a return of 420% in just 12 months.
|Company||May 2020 (₹ crore)||May 2021 (₹ crore)||Performance|
|Adani Total Gas||12,604||1,47,292||1069%|
|Adani Green Energy||37,497||2,03,392||442%|
|Adani Ports & SEZ||64,448||1,57,041||144%|
A super hit IPO from 2020 has finally doubled investors' money
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi gets a unique proposal via a newspaper advertisement
Adani Green Energy to acquire SB Energy India, boosting its renewable energy capacity by 4.9GW
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
- Sun TV Network's advertising revenue shrinks, but profit jumps 11% on subscriptions