Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
Post the deal, the holding company's stake in the bank is at 40 per cent, the bank said in a regulatory filing.
"In order to be fully compliant with the Licensing Guidelines, the NOFHC has today i.e. August 03, 2020 informed the bank that it has diluted its excess shareholding of 20.95 per cent i.e. 33,73,67,189 equity shares of Rs 10 each fully paid-up in the bank through secondary market sale," it said.
Bandhan Bank said that it had been exploring various options to bring the shareholding to the prescribed level.
Pursuant to amalgamation of GRUH Finance Limited into and with the bank effective from October last year and consequent to issuance of fresh equity shares to the shareholders of GRUH, the shareholding of the holding company diluted from 82.26 per cent to 60.96 per cent of its paid-up voting equity share capital, the filing said.
Shares price of the bank on Monday plunged 10.60 per cent on the BSE to close at Rs 308.65 per share.
SEE ALSO: One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
The 10 richest people in the Middle East, ranked
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store