Beyond Meat spikes 39% after it forms partnership with Pepsi to develop plant-based snacks
Beyond Meatspiked as much as 39% on Tuesday after it announced a partnership with Pepsi.
- The two companies will work together to develop plant-based snacks and beverages.
- Financial terms of the partnership were not disclosed.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
The two food companies will form The PLANeT Partnership, a joint venture focused on developing, producing, and marketing innovative snack and beverage products made from plant-based proteins."Plant-based proteins represent an exciting growth opportunity for us, a new frontier in our efforts to build a more sustainable food system and be a positive force for people and the planet, while meeting consumer demand for an expanded portfolio of more nutritious products," said Ram Krishnan, PepsiCo Global Chief Commercial Officer.
Shares of Beyond Meat were up 77% year-to-date at Tuesday's intra-day highs and hit levels not seen since July of 2019. Shares of Pepsi traded slightly up 0.35%.Read More: This actively-managed SPAC ETF amassed $60 million assets within a month of launching. Its founder breaks down how to pick blank-check firms - and shares 3 to watch in 2021
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year