Biogen soars 47% after FDA scientists say its Alzheimer's drug's efficacy is 'exceptionally persuasive'
Biogensoared as much as 47% on Wednesday after an FDA panel said on Wednesday that efficacy data for its Alzheimer's drug was "exceptionally persuasive."
- The comments from the FDA panel have given investors confidence that a swift approval of the drug is likely, based on Wednesday trades.
- Biogen's drug will be reviewed by independent experts at the FDA on Friday, who will then make recommendations to the agency.
- Watch Biogen trade live here.
The FDA's staff said data from a large trial of the experimental drug supports its eventual approval, boosting chances that Biogen's drug could the market for Alzheimer's patients in the future. The next step for the drug to be approved is Friday's review of aducanumab by FDA's independent experts, who will then make a recommendation to the agency.
The agency also that a second phase 3 trial of aducanumab that was terminated in 2019 because it didn't meet its primary endpoints was not evidence that the drug was not effective.
Biogen's aducanumab was jointly developed with Japan's Eisai Co. A final decision is due by March 2021.
Biogen was already higher before the FDA advisory panel released documents related to aducanumab on Wednesday. Healthcare
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Want to invest in stocks and IPOs? Here is how you can open a demat account
- Star Health and Allied Insurance IPO — Here is how to check your allotment status, GMP at a discount
- Best portable photo studios in India
- Best spike guards for home use in India
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard