Bitcoin surges to fresh record high and looks set to break the $25,000 level: 'Merry Bitmas'
Bitcoinhit a new record high of $24,661 on Friday.
- Investors on social media platform declared a "Merry Bitmas."
- Bitcoin continues to be one of the market's coronavirus winners, with investors optimistic it will continue to soar and even pose a threat to safe havens like
Bitcoin is soaring once again, hitting a new record price of $24,661 on Friday, with investors declaring "Happy Bitmas," on social media.
Known as the leading
This week alone the cryptocurrency has gained 3.15%.
Bitcoin has a current market cap of about $350 billion, while that of gold's stands at roughly $10 trillion.
Read more: Wall Street's biggest firms are warning that these 8 things could crash the stock market's party in 2021
However, Bitcoin investors - known for their unquenchable optimism - think this is just the start.
Bitcoin's market cap could reach $1 trillion sometime in 2021, according to Garrick Hileman, head of research at Blockchain.com, if investors take its reserve currency status more seriously.
"Gold's recent underperformance versus real rates and the dollar has left some investors concerned that bitcoin is replacing gold as the inflation hedge of choice," strategists led by Jeffrey Currie said in a note.
"While there is some substitution occurring, we do not see bitcoin's rising popularity as an existential threat to gold's status as the currency of last resort."
Read more: BANK OF AMERICA: Buy these 16 medtech stocks with strong fundamentals that are set to soar post-pandemic
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings
- Realme 11 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – the under ₹30,000 phone to buy
- How Tata Communications plans to chart its financial turnaround
- Railway jobs: 12,000 recruited under 'Rozgar Mela' initiative
- List of famous things to buy in Goa