Burger King, Domino's & KFC to see high growth even as consumer staples suffer
- Quick service restaurants are expected to be largely safe from inflationary pressure and overall slowdown.
- The quick service restaurants have shown decent valuations amid the market corrections in the last six months.
- The discretionary companies like retail, QSRs and Jewellery will be performing well for now, ICICI Securities added.
Though an overall slowdown and high prices of essentials hurts mass consumer demand, quick service restaurants are expected to be largely safe from this negative sentiment.
“Management commentary of QSR companies is far more positive vs. near-term woes for consumer staples,” ICICI Securities added.
Secondly, there has been a sharp stock price correction in the public market since the beginning of the year. Yet, the quick service restaurants like Burger King India, Domino’s India, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell in India have retained decent valuations.
“We note that most QSR stocks have corrected in the last six months (down 17-27%) given expensive valuations, fears of higher competition (narrative) and overall slowdown concerns (and broader market weakness),” the brokerage firm added.
|Company||Quick Service Restaurants||Stock performance year to date|
|Restaurant Brands India||Burger King India||-27.32%|
|Jubilant FoodWorks||Domino’s India, Popeyes India||-28.48%|
|Sapphire Food||KFC India, Pizza Hut India, Taco Bell India||-19.38%|
|Westlife||McDonald's in western India and South India.||-13.86%|
For Domino’s owner Jubilant FoodWorks, all the concerns have been priced in already and the success of its fast food chain Popeyes would be a trigger for the stock.
“We stay long-term believers in Westlife. We reckon restaurant brands India (earlier: Burger King India) is a cyclical recovery play,” the report added.
$DEVYANI.NSE Descending triangle formation in Devyani International.Facing resistance near upper trendline.One can add near 140 levels which is a strong support for the stock.My top priority QSR stock that everyone must have in their Watchlist.— (@MarketViewByPB) June 14, 2022
The companies are also planning to expand their networks by adding anywhere between 50-250 outlets to their network in this fiscal year.
|Restaurant Brands India||265||315||390||470|
Overall, ICICI Securities sees the low-ticket segment of staples struggling due to its dependency on the bottom strata for incremental volumes. However, the discretionary companies like retail, QSRs and jewellery will be performing well for now.
India’s richest are moving to UAE, Australia and Singapore — but there’s nothing to worry
Nearly four lakh fliers are thronging airports every day and Indigo is flying half of them
Maruti Suzuki will gain the most from economic recovery and also regain lost market share, say brokerages
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December