Comstock Mining stock charges up 338% after buying a majority stake in lithium-ion battery recycler Linico
- Comstock will pay $10.75 million in cash and stock for a 64% stake in Linico.
- Lead recycler Aqua Metals is also taking a stake in Linico in $2 million transaction.
- Linico plans to increase its investment in Singapore's Green Li-ion, a clean technology maker.
Comstock Mining shares more than quadrupled Wednesday, gaining as much as 338%, after the gold and silver miner said it has bought a majority stake in Linico Corp, a lithium-ion battery recycling company, a move that comes at a time of growing use of the energy source.
Comstock said it took a 64% ownership stake in Linico with $4.5 million in cash and 3 million shares of its restricted common stock. As part of the transaction, Aqua Metals, a lead battery metal recycler, is investing $2 million for a 10% stake in Linico.
Shares of Comstock jumped by as much as 338% to hit an intraday high of $9.85 after closing at $2.25 in Tuesday's session. The shares have since pared gains to $7.06. Comstock's stock price at the start of 2021 was valued at just over $1.
Meanwhile, Aqua Metals shares gained as much as $33, hitting an intraday high of $8.06.
"We see spent lithium-ion
Comstock said Linico recently purchased a battery metal recycling facility from Aqua Metals. Linico will use proceeds from the stake sales to increase its strategic investment in Singapore-based clean technology maker Green Li-ion Pte Ltd., with plans to buy Green Li-ion's patented process equipment, enabling the production of 99.9% pure lithium-ion cathodes.
Comstock noted that International Energy Agency has projected demand for lithium will significantly increase to fulfill global demand for electric vehicles.
This week, Peridot Acquisition, a special acquisition company, or SPAC, said it planned to merge with lithium-Ion battery recycler Li-Cycle.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts