Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan made million-dollar stock trades in Tesla, Amazon, and Facebook last year
- Dallas Fed President
Robert Kaplanmade million-dollar stock trades in popular stockslast year, according to a disclosure form.
- Kaplan bought more than $1 million worth of Google and Oracle, while he bought and sold shares of Tesla and Amazon.
- Kaplan has been a consistently hawkish member of the
Federal Reservewho has voiced concerns about rising inflation and favors an early taper.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan made million-dollar stock trades in a handful of popular stocks last year, according to a disclosure form provided by his bank that was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.
The disclosure details million-dollar buys and sells in shares of Tesla, Amazon, Facebook, Google, and more. The trades came amid the COVID-19 pandemic, and as Kaplan has leaned more hawkish than some of his Fed peers, voicing concerns about rising inflation and favoring an early taper to the Fed's monthly bond purchases.
Kaplan was more active in
Kaplan reported holding 27 individual stocks, funds, or alternative assets that were worth at least $1 million. Those stock holdings included at least $1 million positions in Apple, Tesla, Verizon, General Electric, Boeing, Facebook, Google, and Amazon, among others.
A spokesman for the Dallas Fed said Mr. Kaplan's trading was reviewed and approved by the bank's general counsel, according to The Wall Street Journal. There is precedent for Fed Presidents to be active participants in trading the
Kaplan has been President of the Dallas Fed since 2015, and was previously the vice chairman of Goldman Sachs up until 2006. Kaplan went on to become a professor at Harvard Business School.
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops