Elon Musk tweeted a meme that helped spark a 4% jump in a Japanese video game stock
- Shares of
Bandai Namco, a Japanese video game maker, surged as much as 4% after Elon Musktweeted a memethat included a character from one of its properties.
- "Hey you...Yeah you Queen...You're gonna make it!" Musk tweeted to his 42 million followers along with an accompanying image.
- Sign up here our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
A Tuesday night tweet of a meme from Elon Musk is all it took for shares of Bandai Namco to surge 4% in Wednesday trades."Hey you...Yeah you Queen...You're gonna make it!" Musk tweeted to his 42 million followers, accompanied by a couple of heart emojis.
Musk's tweet on Tuesday night wasn't the first time a tweet by him sent an obscure stock soaring. Last week, after Musk tweeted "Use Signal," in reference to the private messaging platform, confused traders sent a stock named Signal Advance up as much as 11,708% over a three-day period.Read more: GOLDMAN SACHS: Buy these 50 under-owned stocks that will roar higher as growth and inflation lift off in 2021
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing