Elon Musk tweeted a meme that helped spark a 4% jump in a Japanese video game stock
- Shares of
Bandai Namco, a Japanese video game maker, surged as much as 4% after Elon Musktweeted a memethat included a character from one of its properties.
- "Hey you...Yeah you Queen...You're gonna make it!" Musk tweeted to his 42 million followers along with an accompanying image.
- Sign up here our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
A Tuesday night tweet of a meme from Elon Musk is all it took for shares of Bandai Namco to surge 4% in Wednesday trades.
"Hey you...Yeah you Queen...You're gonna make it!" Musk tweeted to his 42 million followers, accompanied by a couple of heart emojis.Musk's tweet was accompanied by a meme that included a character from Namco's Idolmaster franchise. Idolmaster was first released in 2005 as an arcade game and has since transitioned to video game consoles, mobile phones, an animated series and toys.
Musk's tweet on Tuesday night wasn't the first time a tweet by him sent an obscure stock soaring. Last week, after Musk tweeted "Use Signal," in reference to the private messaging platform, confused traders sent a stock named Signal Advance up as much as 11,708% over a three-day period.Read more: GOLDMAN SACHS: Buy these 50 under-owned stocks that will roar higher as growth and inflation lift off in 2021
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar