Tepid debut for Equitas Small Finance Bank — lists at a 6% discount over the issue price
Equitas Small Finance Bank shareslisted at ₹31, which is at a 6% discount to the IPO price band set at ₹32-33 per share.
- The total market cap of ESFB rose to ₹3,443.21 crore at 10:05 am.
- Within minutes after listing, the shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank shed nearly 3% of their value and were trading at ₹30.15 apiece at 10:05 am, in a volatile market.
Within minutes after listing, the shares of Equitas Small Finance Bank shed nearly 3% of their value and were trading at ₹30.15 apiece at 10:05 am, in a volatile market.
The total market cap of ESFB rose to ₹3,443.21 crore at 10:05 am. A total traded quantity of 4.48 lakh shares changed hands on BSE, amounting to a turnover of ₹1.38 crore. The company will trade with the symbol of 'EQUITASBNK' on the Indian stock exchanges.
Tepid listing was already on the cards
The investor pessimism for ₹518 crore IPO of Equitas Small Finance Bank was evident ahead of the listing — the company clocked in the lowest subscriptions compared to other IPOs in 2020 so far. The IPO was subscribed 2 times on the last day of bidding, and the non-institutional Investor portion of the IPO wasn't even fully subscribed.
Most of the brokerage reports highlighted various risk factors According to ICICI Direct, for Equitas Small Finance Bank, new products and entry in new geography pose a risk of non-performing assets. Currently, the company has a 55% concentration of loan portfolio in Tamil Nadu and nearly 13% in Maharashtra.
Angel Broking also said in its IPO note that the fresh formation of bad loans from moratorium books would keep provisions high and return ratios compressed, and could pose a concern for Equitas SFB. "We believe investors should wait for price discovery before making any investment decision," they added.
SEE ALSO: Hero Motocorp shares gain after it logs ‘highest-ever’ sales in October
Former HDFC Bank CEO Aditya Puri joins Carlyle Group — will advise the global investment firm on Asia bets
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Zee Entertainment, Infosys, HDFC Bank and other top stocks to watch out for on September 22
- IRCTC, IndiaMART, Cummins India and others have been under pressure in the last 5 days but still worth buying
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon