Ether can soar to $3,000 as momentum overtakes bitcoin and breaks above a key resistance level
Etherhit record highs on Tuesday after breaking above a key resistance level at $2,500.
- The cryptocurrency has taken the lead from
bitcoinin recent weeks following a divergence in momentum.
- Ether can hit a measured move target of $3,020, according to technical analyst Katie Stockton.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
View all Offers
AmazonBasics Big & Tall Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 13999₹ 15995Buy On
- 11% OFF
Duroflex Back Magic - Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic High Density Coir, 5 Inch Queen Size Firm Mattress for Back Support and Posture Alignment (78 X 60 X 5 Inches)₹ 15719₹ 20809Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Roland 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed (Fabric, Green)₹ 10299₹ 18000Buy On
- 35% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch King Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 72 X 6 Inches)₹ 11759₹ 19999Buy On
- 9% OFF
Spacewood Winner Engineered Wood Study Desk (Walnut finish,Walnut Rigato)₹ 7268₹ 9386Buy On
Ether's prior high at $2,500 was overwhelmed by buyers on Tuesday, and a measured move price projection of $3,020 is within reach, according to Stockton. That price objective represents potential upside of 14% from Tuesday afternoon levels.
The move in ether to record highs comes after a volatile week for bitcoin, which fell more than 20% to below $50,000 before surging more than 10% to about $55,000. Bitcoin traded at a record high near $65,000 earlier this month amid the Coinbase IPO.
Ether has upheld positive intermediate-term momentum even as bitcoin broke down, and long-term momentum remains bullish for the cryptocurrency, according to Stockton.
"The breakout from earlier this month dictates a bullish bias beyond the coming weeks, having yielded a measured move projection of ~$3,000," Stockton said.
But the breakout in ether needs to be confirmed by consecutive daily closes above $2,550, according to Stockton.
If ether's breakout fails to hold, it can "follow the lead of bitcoin and test its 50-day moving average, which would also mark a test of its breakout point," Stockton said. Ether's 50-day moving average currently sits at $2,027, representing potential downside of 23% from current levels.
- Last day to subscribe to AGS Transact IPO, GMP drops to ₹10
- Ethereum may not have too long to get its high gas fee issue in check, according to JPMorgan
- Terra's LUNA token continues to hold its own even in a crypto bear market — here's why
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021