Fisker spikes 26% after Morgan Stanley says its 'deceptively low execution risk' makes it stand out in crowded EV space
FiskerInc. spiked 26% on Friday after Morgan Stanley initiated the EVcompany with an Overweight rating.
- Morgan Stanley set a $27 price target for the company, representing 76% potential upside.
- Fisker has "deceptively low execution risk" that makes it stand out in the crowded EV space, Morgan Stanley said.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Fisker Inc. spiked as much as 26% on Friday following a bullish initiation note from Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas.
The EV startup was assigned an Overweight rating and $27 price target, representing 76% potential upside from Thursday's close.Fisker offers one of the "most compelling strategies and positive risk-reward skews" in the crowded EV space thanks to its "deceptively low execution risk," which is enabled by its manufacturing partnership with Magna.
"We think investors underestimate that Fisker's path to commercialization is significantly aided by Magna, which has a mastery of bringing high quality vehicles to market on time, with high quality and good economics," Jonas explained.Fisker is expected to begin selling its Ocean crossover SUV in the fourth quarter of 2022 for about $38,000. The company went public via a SPAC merger last year and sports a market valuation of more than $5 billion.
Morgan Stanley's $27 price target assumes Fisker sells 419,000 vehicles by 2030. In Morgan Stanley's bull-case scenario, Fisker could trade at $59, representing 282% potential upside from Thursday's close, if it sells 550,000 vehicles by 2030, according to the note."We believe the balance of risk vs opportunity is underestimated in [Fisker's] current market price," Jonas concluded. Read More: Barclays says buy these 33 beaten-down stocks that are perfectly poised to capitalize on the reopening of the economy in the years ahead
- No offline exams up to Class 8 in Delhi govt schools
- CBSE board reduces syllabus for Class 10 social science exam
- 3rd Test: Axar Patel takes six wickets as India bowl out England for 112
- Promises made in Rajasthan govt budget will be fulfilled by robust financial management: CM Gehlot
- On his 100th test, Ishant Sharma is only next to Kapil Dev among Indian fast bowlers