FOMO helps Gland Pharma swell on debut
- The shares of Gland Pharma listed at a premium of 12% over the issue price band.
- In minutes after its debut, the shares gained over 6% and were trading at ₹1795.30 a piece at 10:04 am.
- Gland Pharma's total market cap rose to ₹28,636.54 crore.
The shares listed at a premium of 12% over the issue price band. And, in minutes after listing debut the shares gained over 6% and were trading at ₹1795.30 a piece at 10:04 am in a firm market.
This is the 13th company to list this year and the largest ever public issue in the Indian pharma industry.
AdvertisementGland Pharma total market cap rose to ₹28,636.54 crore at 10:03 am. A total traded quantity of 1.39 lakh shares changed hands on BSE amounting to a turnover of ₹23.86 crore.
The company will trade with the symbol of ‘GLAND’ on the Indian stock exchanges.
Rising demand for Gland Pharma
So far this year, nearly every company that recorded a tepid response during their IPO saw a discounted listing. And, the IPO’s of UTI AMC, Likhitha Infrastructure and Angel Broking are proof of that.
However, the shares of Gland Pharma were piping hot in the grey market ahead of its listing, and the market premium suggested an upside of 7% a day before listing.
Given that the Chinese promoter backs it, top brokerages had advised caution, despite its strong financial background, growing industry and diversified portfolio. Choice research report for its IPO highlighted that anti-Chinese sentiment after the recent geopolitical tension in the Galwan valley may disrupt its business.
What worked for Gland Pharma?
Strong balance sheet
AdvertisementGland Pharma has a successful track record of operating a B2B model with leading pharmaceutical companies such as Sagent Pharmaceuticals and Apotex as well as Fresenius Kabi USA and Athenex Pharmaceutical Division in the United States and the Rest of the world.
|2 sterile injectables facilities|
|1 Penems facility|
|1 oncology facility|
|3 API facilities|
Diversified business — spread over 60 countries
AdvertisementWith its business spread over 60 countries, the company has a great track record of revenue delivery and profitability across the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, India and the rest of the world, according to Axis Securities.
As of June 30, the company earns nearly 63% of its revenue from the US and nearly 15% from India — these two countries are the biggest market for Gland Pharma.The expansion in various other countries helps in offsetting the slowdown impact in a particular region or a country.
SEE ALSO: PUBG Mobile India was rumoured to launch today — but there is no official update from the company
Vodafone Idea soars nearly 5% on fund infusion from Indus Towers stake sale
- COVID-19: One crore frontline healthcare workers identified to receive vaccine in first phase
- Pollution played key role in high severity of third wave of COVID-19 in Delhi: Kejriwal to PM
- US calls on India to be a key partner in countering China's 'increasing assertiveness'
- No gaming advertisement may depict any person under the age of 18 years, or who appears to be under the age of 18: ASCI
- Now there is 'real hope' to end COVID-19 with vaccines: WHO chief