Heranba Industries IPO is off to a decent start — Here’s why investment experts and retail investors are excited
- The ₹525 crore initial public offering (IPO) of agrochemical company Heranba Industries opened today.
- The company has fixed a price band of ₹626-627 per share, and the issue will remain open for subscription till February 25.
- The shares were commanding a premium of ₹140-150 in the grey market over the set price band of ₹626-627 per share.
- According to Angel Broking, the company has a robust past track record of performance. It has a strong financial position and has been generating positive cash flow.
The company has fixed a price band of ₹626-627 per share, and the issue will remain open for subscription till February 25.
The Gujarat-based company is a crop protection chemical manufacturer, exporter and marketer. Heranba is one of the leading domestic producers of synthetic pyrethroids like cypermethrin, alphacypermethrin, deltamethrin, permethrin, lambda-cyhalothrin.
The public issue has received positive reviews from top brokerages, and the grey market is ready to pay a hefty premium for its shares. The shares were commanding a premium of ₹140-150 in the grey market over the set price band of ₹626-627 per share. However, the grey market is not an official measure of the market premium.
Streets View: Heranba Industries
Bigger market share, decent IPO pricing, strong future outlook and others that led to positive reactions from analysts
Leading domestic player and growing export market
According to the ICICI Direct report, Heranba is one of the leading domestic producers of pyrethroids in India. The company held 19.5% domestic market share in 2019, and 68% of its FY20 revenues came from the segment.
“It is in the entire value chain of synthetic pyrethroids that provides flexibility to shift between products depending on the demand-supply and pricing dynamics,” it added.
The brokerage said more than half of the global demand for Pyrethroids comes from China, and due to the shutdown of chemical plants in China amid pollution, higher volumes of Pyrethroids are expected to be exported out of India.
Strong product portfolio and stable revenue base
The company manufactures and supplies raw material to leading domestic and multinational agrochemical companies such as Sumitomo Chemical, Sulphur Mills, PI Industries and others.
It also procures certain raw material from other companies depending on demand and supply, and pricing dynamics. This diverse and stable customer base provides the necessary revenue stability to the company as not more than 18.57% of its aggregate sales come from its top ten customers for the period ended September 30.
According to Angel Broking, the company has a robust past track record of performance. It has a strong financial position and has been generating positive cash flow.
The IPO has been priced at 22.1x PE (price to earnings) on a trailing basis, which is quite reasonable by looking at the company's future prospects, the brokerage added. The price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio shows the price that the market is willing to pay for a stock based on its earnings. Higher the P/E, the more expensive the stock.
|Peers||Trading at a PE|
SEE ALSO: IPO-bound Zomato's valuation jumps to $5.4 billion as it cashes in another $250 million
AdvertisementIndian startup founders are wary of Chinese investors, prioritise follow-up funding over term sheet conditions
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC
- NITI Aayog proposes price of COVID-19 between ₹300-500