Here’s how Indian tech IPOs of 2021 before Zomato have fared so far
- Shares of Easy Trip Planners have doubled since its listing in March 2021.
- Prior to internet startup Zomato, 2021 saw two fintech companies getting listed -- Nazara Technologies and Easy Trip Planners.
- Both companies gave strong returns to investors since IPO as Easy Trip Planners surged 104% and Nazara Technologies gained 19% so far (not to forget the 80% listing premium).
- On July 23, shares of Zomato made a debut with over 50% premium to its issue price.
Shares of Easy Trip Planners have doubled since its listing on March 19, 2021. The company operates the EaseMyTrip.com website. It offers a range of travel-related products and services for end-to-end travel solutions.
At the same time, shares of Nazara Technologies have gained 19% since its listing on March 30, 2021. Adding to it, it made a bumper market debut with 80% premium over the issue price.
Nazara Technologies is the first gaming company in India to head for the public markets, and has also garnered a lot of market interest as it is also backed by ace stock market investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala.
Nazara holds the licenced mobile gaming rights of popular cartoon characters like Chhota Bheem, Motu Patlu and Shikari Shambhu.
AdvertisementRobust returns by these internet companies are important cues that will set the mood for upcoming IPOs like Paytm, PolicyBazaar and Delhivery.
SEE ALSO: Info Edge’s remaining stake in Zomato is worth ₹15,000 crore
Uber made a billion dollars from Zomato’s listing, without spending a single penny
Popular on BI
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody