Long Blockchain, former iced-tea turned crypto company, has its shares delisted by the SEC
- Shares of Long
Blockchainhave been delisted by the SEC after failing to file its financial reports.
- The company formerly operated as an iced-tea company, but it tried to pivot to blockchain and changed its name to Long Blockchain from Long Island Ice Tea amid the
bitcoinfrenzy of 2017.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
One chapter of the 2017 bitcoin craze ended this week, with shares of Long Blockchain Corporation delisted by the SEC on Monday, according to a filing first seen by Bloomberg.
Long Blockchain, a company based in Farmingdale, New York, saw its shares delisted from the OTC exchange after it failed to file its financial reports in a number of years. The company's last financial report was submitted to the SEC in 2018.
Long Blockchain was formerly known as Long Island Ice Tea Corp., but the company made a pivot to blockchain and changed its name amid the epic rally in cryptocurrencies in 2017. The company was subsequently kicked off the Nasdaq exchange following volatile swings in its share price.
The SEC said in its order that Long Blockchain's supposed pivot to the
Long Blockchain's fortunes would have likely been reversed if it managed to successfully pivot to the crypto space, given that bitcoin is more than double its peak 2017 price of nearly $20,000 this year, even after falling more than 17% this week.
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000