Markets hold their breath ahead of the monetary policy today
- Indian markets might open slightly higher as
SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the market, was up 0.39%.
- Investors will monitor the RBI’s decision on interest rates and governor’s commentary on inflation and growth.
- RIL, Adani Enterprises and Britannia Industries are among stocks to watch out for on August 5.
AdvertisementIndian stock markets are expected to open on a positive note tracking global indices for a straight seventh session. However, they might curiously watch out for the
Investors will also watch out for the governor's commentary on inflation and growth, amid many global cues.
Meanwhile, crude oil prices fell today hitting their lowest since before the Russian invasion of Ukraine in February; at $93 per barrel. The market however remains concerned about the impact of inflation on global economic growth and demand.
The US market ended on a mixed note as investors looked ahead to monthly jobs reports for possible signs on the pace of interest rate hikes that would be taken by the Fed.
Here are some of the stocks that will remain in focus:
The company reported a 73% jump in consolidated net profit at ₹469 crore for June quarter while consolidated revenue from operations surged 225% to ₹40,844 crore.
The company reported an 11% drop in net profit to ₹335 crore as compared to the same quarter last year. Its revenues rose marginally by 4% to ₹3,700 crore in the same period.
Markets regulator SEBI has ordered a forensic audit of the financials of Future Retail.
The state-run company announced the issuance of bonus shares in a 2:1 ratio.
AdvertisementThe pharma company announced a weak quarter with a consolidated net loss of ₹89 crore as against ₹542 crore last year.
Mahindra & Mahindra, Titan Company, Aditya Birla Fashion And Retail, NMDC, Emami Honda India Power Products, Indigo Paints, FSN Ecommerce Ventures, One 97 Communications, Pfizer among companies that would report their quarterly earnings.
SEE ALSO: Price hike impact will be seen next quarter, says Varun Berry after Britannia’s net Q1 falls 11%
Reliance-backed Dunzo's B2B logistics arm arrives on ONDC
Popular on BI
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA