Melinda Gates now owns roughly $3 billion across these 3 stocks as part of her divorce proceedings
- Melinda Gates' divorce from
Bill Gateshas already led to the division of certain stocks.
- About three stocks worth roughly $3 billion worth have been transferred to
Melinda Gatesover the past week.
- These are the three stocks that make up a bulk of the assets transferred to Melinda.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
The divorce of Bill and Melinda Gates announced earlier this week has already led to the division of assets between the couple that's worth more than $140 billion.According to data from Bloomberg, regulatory filings made on May 3, the same date the couple announced their divorce, Melinda Gates has already received roughly $3 billion worth of stock from Cascade Investment, a holding company founded by Bill Gates.
These are the three stocks worth a combined $5 billion that have been transferred to Melinda Gates over the past week.1. AutoNation
Shares owned: 2.9 million
Market value: $314.4 million
% of shares outstanding: 3.65%
Shares owned: 14.1 million
Market value: $1.6 billion
% of shares outstanding: 1.98%
3. Grupo Televisa
Shares owned: 293.5 million
Market value: $1.2 billion
% of shares outstanding: 8.79%
- Best sound quality earphones in India
- Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan and other football clubs are launching crypto tokens to rein in more revenue
- Paytm ropes in Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan as bankers for upcoming IPO — there may be more along the way
- Best cable protector and wire organizer clips
- Best office chairs for working from home In India