Moderna and Novavax pare losses after Supreme Court strikes down Biden's vaccine mandate for private employers
Novavaxand Modernashares were under pressure Friday after the Supreme Court struck down a vaccine mandate for private companies.
- The ruling blocked the Biden administration's vaccine-or-testing mandate at private companies with more than 100 employees.
View all Offers
- 16% OFF
2020 Apple iPad Air with A14 Bionic chip (10.9-inch/27.69 cm, Wi-Fi + Cellular, 256GB) - Green (4th Generation)₹ 69900₹ 69900Buy On
- 49% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) (10.3 inch/26.6 cm, 4 GB, 128 GB, Wi-Fi+ LTE) with Active Pen₹ 21999₹ 21999Buy On
- 44% OFF
Lenovo Yoga Smart Tablet with The Google Assistant 25.65 cm (10.1 inch, 4GB, 64GB, WiFi + 4G LTE), Iron Grey₹ 19999₹ 19999Buy On
- 34% OFF
Seagate Expansion 4TB Desktop External HDD - 8.89 cm (3.5 Inch) USB 3.0 for Windows and Mac with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, Portable Hard Drive (STKP4000400)₹ 7014₹ 7014Buy On
- 10% OFF
2020 Apple Mac Mini (Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU and 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) -Silver₹ 75990₹ 75990Buy On
Shares of Novavax and Moderna trimmed losses Friday after the Biden administration's vaccine-or-testing mandate for certain private companies was blocked by the Supreme Court.
Novavax stock closed Thursday's session down by 13.7% at $112.38, the lowest closing price since December 2020. For Moderna, its 5.7% fall in the previous session to $210.17 marked the lowest close since June 2021.
Shares of vaccine maker Pfizer were down by a more modest 0.6%. The stock finished Thursday with a 2% loss.
"Although COVID-19 is a risk that occurs in many workplaces, it is not an occupational hazard in most," the court wrote.
The mandate had been put in place for private companies with a workforce of more than 100 employees. The court's liberal justices Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, and Sonia Sotomayor held the dissenting opinion of the majority's ruling.
The court did allow the Biden administration's requirement for vaccines for healthcare workers at federally funded facilities to take effect.
- Railway recruitment 2022: Over 2,400 apprenticeship posts announced, check out last date and other details
- DDA budget: TOD hub, cycle walk, drain projects for better Delhi
- DA budget approved: DMRC grant; allocation for housing, other projects
- Government appoints Vikram Dev Dutt as Air India chief
- Great Republic Day Sale: Best deals on microwaves, refrigerators and washing machines on Amazon