New investor registrations on NSE grew 2.5 times to cross 50 lakh mark
New investor registrations witnessed a 2.5 times growth in four months of FY22, compared to the corresponding period of the previous fiscal.
"From the geographical presence point of view, 36 per cent new investors registered are from north Indian states, While west Indian states accounts for 30 per cent, southern Indian states accounts for 22 per cent and the remaining 12 per cent are from the east Indian states," the NSE said in a note.
"Another interesting trend is that, 53 per cent of new investors registered are from states beyond top 5 ranked states."
The NSE's overall registered investor base has now crossed 4.5 crore.
Windlas Biotech to raise ₹395-402 crore through public listing, price band fixed at ₹448-460
Google teases Whitechapel chipset that may power Google Pixel 6 devices
Popular on BI
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Mossad assassinated Iran's top nuclear scientist using an AI-powered, remote-controlled machine gun, report says
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail