Nifty50 market cap crosses ₹100 lakh crore — these are the top movers today
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 353 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 0.88% on Wednesday at 10:00 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementThe Indian equity benchmark indexes rose for an eighth straight session on Wednesday, hitting record highs, driven by strong earnings reports and gains in pharmaceutical stocks.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 353 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 0.88% on Wednesday at 10:00 am. Nifty50's market cap crossed ₹100 trillion-mark for the first time, today.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 11, 9:55 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Bajaj Finance||IndusInd Bank|
These are the top stocks in news today.
NMDC shares shed 4% post shares buyback announcement
State-owned NMDC lost over 4% after the board of the company approved buyback of 13.12 crore equity shares at a price of ₹105 per share for cash consideration not exceeding ₹1378.05 crore. The buyback price is at a premium of 10% to the closing price of November 10.
GAIL extend gains to the second day
The shares of gas transportation utility GAIL rose for the second day in a row on Wednesday. The company reported 16.5% growth in its net profit for the second quarter of the current financial year to ₹1,239 crore as compared to ₹1,065 crore profit in the corresponding period last year.
Aarti Industries down 3%
The shares of chemical manufacturing company Aarti Industries lost 3% after it reported a 5.46% drop in its consolidated net profit to ₹143.50 crore. The profit plunged despite 18.68% growth in its revenues to ₹1,172.64 crore.
SBI gains over 2%
The shares of public sector bank SBI gained over 2% after its board approved to divest over 8.5% in UTI Trustee Company.
Wipro up over a percent after winning a five-year contract
The shares of IT major gained over a percent after Wipro bagged a five-year contract for software engineering services fromThoughtSpot. California headquartered ThoughtSpot is a search and Artificial Intelligence-driven analytics platform that helps explore, analyse and share real-time business analytics data easily, the company said in a statement.
SEE ALSO: The world's longest flight just quietly touched down in New York. Here's why you haven't heard anything about it.
Apple brought back the iconic 'And I'm a PC' character at its new product event
Popular on BI
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council