NSE, BSE to put Adani Power under short term ASM again
- Adani Power is shortlisted in short-term ASM framework Stage-I effective March 23
- The parameters for shortlisting securities under ASM include high-low variation, client concentration, number of price band hits, close-to-close price variation and price-earning ratio.
- Market experts believe that putting in this framework means intra-day trading would require 100 per cent upfront margin.
AdvertisementLeading bourses NSE and BSE on Wednesday said they will include Adani Power under the short-term additional surveillance measure (ASM) framework from Thursday. Adani Power is shortlisted in short-term ASM framework Stage-I effective March 23, according to separate circulars available on the exchanges.
The move also comes close on the heels of the two exchanges moving
Interestingly, both the exchanges had put Adani Power along with Adani Enterprises and Adani Wilmar under short-term ASM on March 8. However, these three stocks were excluded from the short-term ASM framework on March 17.
Currently, there is no Adani group stock in the short-term ASM framework.
The parameters for shortlisting securities under ASM include high-low variation, client concentration, number of price band hits, close-to-close price variation and price-earning ratio.
The NSE and BSE said Adani Power has satisfied the criteria for inclusion under short-term ASM.
Under the short-term ASM, the exchanges said, "Applicable rate of margin shall be 50 per cent or existing margin whichever is higher, subject to maximum rate of margin capped at 100 per cent, w.e.f. March 24, 2023 on all open positions as on March 23, 2023 and new positions created from March 24, 2023."
Market experts believe that putting in this framework means intra-day trading would require 100 per cent upfront margin.
The bourses also noted that the shortlisting of securities under ASM is purely on account of market surveillance, and it should not be construed as an adverse action against the concerned company or entity.
Meanwhile, stocks of eight Adani group companies out of the 10 listed entities closed in the green territory on Wednesday.
AdvertisementAfter taking a beating on the bourses, following the report by US-based short seller
The group has dismissed the charges as lies, saying it complies with all laws and disclosure requirements.
SEE ALSO: Industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla, former CM S M Krishna & others conferred Padma awards
Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
Popular on BI
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May