Public has added 10 more cryptocurrencies as trading app-users clamor for altcoins - Shiba Inu and Avalanche made the cut
- Trading app Public doubled its cryptocurrency offerings Wednesday to 21 in total.
- The app's users poured into the new offerings, including
avalanche, solana, polygon, and sushiswap.
Robinhood competitor Public doubled its cryptocurrency offerings Wednesday with altcoins like avalanche and polygon making the cut.
The company announced that it now has 21 cryptocurrencies listed on its platform with the addition of Solana,
On the app, a deluge of investors bought up the latest coins within hours of the company adding them, according to the Twitter-like scroll showing user purchases on each of the tickers.
Public launched cryptocurrency trading last month with well-known digital assets like
Robinhood, on the other hand, has seven cryptocurrencies available for trading on its platform and turned down thousands of retail investors who asked the app to add
Public, which aims to make the stock market "social," launched in 2019. Similar to the Clubhouse app, it has a live audio feature where executives among others can offer insight. That feature now includes weekly "Crypto Club" sessions with news and information on digital assets.
When adding crypto trading to a Public account, the app reminds users digital assets "can be more volatile than other types of investments." The app also has "volatility reminders" on crypto pages to ensure investors can make informed choices, the company told Insider previously.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months