Reddit trader Keith Gill told Congress he'd still buy GameStop stock at its current price
- Keith Gill, the notorious retail trader also known as "
Roaring Kitty," told lawmakers on Thursday he still finds GameStopan attractive investment.
- When questioned in a House hearing, Gill said he would still buy shares at their current level, which is about $45. He added that his strategy is "rather aggressive."
- The investor added his position is "based on the fundamentals" and that he mostly didn't expect shares to hit their record high of $483.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Gill joined the CEOs of Robinhood, Citadel, Reddit, and Melvin Capital in a hearing focused on the GameStop phenomenon. When asked by Rep.
Gill emphasized in his opening testimony that his reasoning for buying
Gill reiterated his thesis when questioned if his outlook had changed. He noted that, when he opened his position in June 2019, shares traded at around $5. The position expected shares to eventually be worth between $20 and $25, Gill said, adding he largely did not expect the stock to hit its record high of $483 in January."My investment in GameStop was based on the fundamentals," he said.
- Bihar has no governance, state budget a bundle of lies : Tejashwi in assembly
- Haryana to table anti-conversion bill in upcoming budget session: Minister
- Bihar saw 8-fold growth in budget size during both RJD and NDA regimes : Tejashwi
- MVA govt trying to curtail budget session citing pandemic: BJP
- Gangubai Kathiawadi: An inspiring journey of a brothel head and a political leader of Kamathipura