Ripple's XRP sales almost doubled in the first quarter of 2021 thanks to a surge in uptake of on-demand liquidity services
XRPsales by Ripplealmost doubled in the first three months of 2021 compared to the last quarter of 2020.
- Ripple said the increase could be linked to its on-demand liquidity services surging in popularity.
- Ripple is facing a lawsuit by the SEC regarding its XRP sales to investors.
Ripple said on Thursday its XRP sales almost doubled in the first quarter of 2021 compared to the last three months of last year. XRP sales rose 97% to $150.34 million from $76.27 million.The sales growth was the result of a surge in uptake of RippleNet's on-demand liquidity services, the company said. Earlier this year, the soaring popularity for the service led Ripple to acquire 40% stakes in Tranglo, a cross-border payment specialist firm that will enable it to expand its on-demand liquidity offering.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
Overall XRP volume grew by $55.63 billion to $203.78 billion in the first three month of this year, Ripple's report said, citing data from CryptoCompare TopTier. At the end of the previous quarter, total XRP volume was $148.15 billion, making this a 37.5% increase.Ripple's report said the first three months of the year marked "a quarter of XRP accumulation". The report said the amount of large-scale wallets that hold XRP worth more than $10 million increased by 11 and 71 further wallets increased holdings above $1 million.
Ripple, which holds the majority of XRP in circulation, said it released tokens out of escrow in line with previous quarters and expectations. The release of XRP could not be categorized as Ripple distributing the
- Tokyo Olympics: India's Satish Kumar exits from quarter-finals in boxing after losing to Bakhodir Jalolov
- From the US to Western Europe to New Zealand — natural disasters which wreaked havoc in the last 6 months
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis