Rubius Therapeutics surges 84% on encouraging results from early-stage testing of cancer treatment
Rubius Therapeuticsshares surged 84% during Monday's trading session.
- The biotech firm outlined encouraging data from testing of RTX-240, a potential
- Rubius said data collected provide initial proof-of-concept of its red blood cells generation system Red Platform.
Rubius Therapeutics shares more than doubled during Monday's session after investors received the biotech firm's outline of results from early-stage tests of a potential cancer drug.
The company said data from an ongoing
Shares of Rubius jumped as much as 136% to $38.71 then trimmed closed the session up by 84%. Trading was heavy, with volume of nearly 38 million shares outrunning the average daily volume of about 1.5 million shares.
Among the data from an ongoing phase 1/2 trial of RTX-240, the company's cellular therapy product candidate, there was a 54% reduction in target lesions in a patient with metastatic anal cancer.
Rubius said the data collected "provide clinical validation" of its Red Platform red blood cells generation system, said Pablo Cagnoni, chief executive at Rubius, in a statement.
With "encouraging" initial safety and preliminary efficacy data for RTX-240, he said the company plans to initiate a phase 2 expansion cohort in the first quarter of 2022 and a new phase 1 arm of the RTX-240 trial to evaluate it in combination with another therapy during the second half of 2021.
- Towards a brighter tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the dawn of a new multilateralism
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December