SBI Q3 net profit jumps 62% to ₹15,477 crore
- On a standalone basis, the lender's net post-tax profit grew to ₹14,205 crore during the Oct-Dec 2022 period.
- The public sector lender's total income grew to ₹98,084 crore from ₹78,351 crore in the year-ago period
- The provisions for non-performing assets nearly halved to ₹1,586 crore for the reporting quarter.
The country's largest lender
On a standalone basis, the lender's net post-tax profit grew to ₹14,205 crore during the October-December 2022 period, which was up from ₹8,432 crore in the year-ago period and ₹13,265 crore in the preceding July-September quarter.
The public sector lender's total income grew to ₹98,084 crore from ₹78,351 crore in the year-ago period, while the operating expenses were up at ₹24,317 crore from ₹20,839 crore, as per an exchange filing.
The provisions for non-performing assets nearly halved to ₹1,586 crore for the reporting quarter.
The gross non-performing assets ratio reduced to 3.14 per cent as against 3.52 per cent three months ago and 4.50 per cent in the year-ago period.
The SBI scrip gained 3.12 per cent to close at ₹544.45 a piece on the
Rupee gains 34 paise to close at 81.86 against US dollar
PIL in SC seeks prosecution of short sellers for 'artificial' crashing of Adani Group's stock value
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- A fifth of Indians feel sleepy at work, future worries keep ‘em awake
- Top ChatGPT 4 plugins: From math, physics and language tutor to vacation planner
- Most of India's statewide heat action plans are inadequate to deal with local risks, new CPR report says
- CIRP initiated in cases of DHFL, ABG Shipyard, Bhushan Power & Steel
- Oscar-winner Kartiki Gonsalves joins Nagesh Kukunoor, Mira Nair who made a splash on debut