Second Sight Medical Products soars 592% after the FDA approves its visual prosthetic system
- Second Sight Medical shares jumped to nearly $10 after the
FDAapproved its Argus2 Retinal Prosthesis System.
- The regulatory approval arrives as Second Sight works to complete a business combination with France's Pixium Vision.
- A decision on when or if to begin production of the new hardware is pending the completion of the deal with Pixium.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Accord Chair (Fabric ,black,1 Piece)₹ 4799₹ 9000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
- 30% OFF
Nilkamal Leo Computer Trolley/Table (Black/Walnut)₹ 3250₹ 3500Buy On
- 34% OFF
CelloNoveltyLarge 2 Door Plastic Cupboard with lock(Wood , Brown)₹ 6709₹ 10095Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch King Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 78x72x6)₹ 9509₹ 18415Buy On
Shares of Second Sight Medical Products shot up by nearly tenfold Friday after the Food and Drug Administration cleared for use a visual prosthesis system that the company has redesigned.
The company said its Argus 2s Retinal Prosthesis System was approved initially for use in combination with previously implanted Argus II systems to treat retinitis pigmentosa.
Second Sight shares jumped as much as $8.46, or 592%, to $9.89 before paring the gain to 400% during the session. Volume of 613 million shares was much heavier than the average daily volume of 3.11 million.
Retinitis Pigmentosa is a group of genetic disorders involving a breakdown and loss of cells in the retina, according to the National Eye Institute. The Argus2s, which is comprised of a set of external hardware featuring glasses and a video processing unit, should "enhance comfort and aesthetics compared with the legacy Argus II system," said Matthew Pfeffer, acting CEO of Second Sight, in a statement.
Second Sight is in the process of working on a business combination with Pixium Vision, a French bionic vision systems company. Should the transaction be completed, "the new management team will then evaluate how best to proceed with the Argus 2s Retinal Prosthesis System, as well as all other products in development," said Second Sight.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy