Sensex rallies over 300 points, Nifty tops 18,200 — Tech Mahindra, Bharti Airtel, Bajaj Finance, Tata Steel, L&T, ITC and SBI top gainers
The 30-share index was trading 318.7 points or 0.52 per cent higher at 61,285.75 in initial deals. Similarly, the
Tech Mahindra was the top gainer in the Sensex pack, rallying over 6 per cent, after the software exporter reported a 26 per cent increase in its September quarter net at Rs 1,338.7 crore.
On the other hand, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank,
In the previous session, the 30-share index ended 145.43 points or 0.24 per cent higher at 60,967.05, and Nifty advanced 10.50 points or 0.06 per cent to 18,125.40.
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were net sellers in the capital market, as they offloaded shares worth Rs 2,459.10 crore on Monday, as per exchange data.
Elsewhere in Asia, bourses in Shanghai, Tokyo and Seoul were trading with gains in mid-session deals, while Hong Kong was in the red.
Stock exchanges in the US ended on a positive note in the overnight session.
Meanwhile, international oil benchmark Brent crude rose 0.15 per cent to USD 85.30 per barrel.
Despite majority of its revenue coming from the US, this is what compelled RateGain to be the first SaaS company to list in India
Tesla hits $1 trillion in valuation, Elon Musk’s wealth surges by $36 billion in a day
Popular on BI
- New Covid-like virus found in Russian bats — Here’s all you need to know
- Land records of Lord Jagannath's over 60,000 acres in 7 states to be digitised
- The sustainability edge: Smriti Irani, Bhupendra Yadav to grace The Economic Times SDGs Summit 2022 that aims to change ideas to solutions
- Samsung’s phone batteries are reportedly swelling up – here’s everything you need to know
- Torrent Pharma to acquire Curatio for Rs 2,000 crore