Sensex rises by 141 points, Nifty trading at 15,796 from its previous close
Accordingly, India's benchmark indices had a gap-up opening and continued to maintain their gains.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
In terms of sector specific basis, the top gainers were the BSE banking, pharma, energy and realty indices.
AdvertisementAt 12.20 p.m., the S&P BSE Sensex traded at 52,417.06 points, higher by 141.49 points, or 0.27 per cent, from its previous close.
On the other hand, the Nifty50 of the National Stock Exchange traded at 15,796.40, up by 56.30 points, or 0.36 per cent, from its previous close.
"Markets are on a buying spree when compared to the previous month, this is mostly because of improving mood in the country with reducing Covid cases and positive global cues," said
"With the growth of India's GDP projection for calendar year 2021 by UN to 7.5 per cent. The Q4 results of 2020-2021 were good that raised markets to these levels."
According to Jay Purohit, Technical & Derivatives Analyst, MOFSL: "
"It continues forming higher highs from the last five sessions and is taking support at 15700 but facing some resistance at 15800 levels. Volatility trades below 15 levels which supports the bulls to sustain at higher zones. Market breadth remains predominantly in favour of the advancing counters."
Here are the coolest iOS 15 features coming to iPhones
After El Salvador, Paraguay considers Bitcoin adoption
- Best sound quality earphones in India
- Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, AC Milan and other football clubs are launching crypto tokens to rein in more revenue
- Paytm ropes in Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan as bankers for upcoming IPO — there may be more along the way
- Best cable protector and wire organizer clips
- Best office chairs for working from home In India