Top stock movers on Dalal Street today — TCS, HCL, Wipro, Ashok Leyland, IndiGo and more
- The benchmark index Sensex was trading 0.32% higher at 38,493.24
- The NSE Nifty was up 0.41% at 11,354.40.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing the D-street today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The benchmark index Sensex was trading 0.32% higher at 38,493.24; while NSE Nifty was up 0.41% at 11,354.40.
These are the top stocks that are buzzing the D-street today:
IndiGo’s parent Interglobe Aviation shares rallied nearly 8% during the morning tarde
Westbridge Capital, a private equity firm bought 1.41% stake in India's largest domestic airline IndiGo for ₹559 crore through an open market transaction.
Strides Pharma trading nearly 1% higher
Strides Pharma promoters announced the acquisition of the 3.7% stake owned by Sequent Scientific. The acquisition of stake will be at ₹475 per share, and the transaction is expected to be completed in the next coming months.
Ashok Leyland nose dived over 2%
Hinduja Group flagship firm Ashok Leyland shares were trading nearly 2% lower after the company reported a consolidated net loss of ₹388.82 crore for the first quarter ended June 30. The company’s revenue from operations in April-June 2020 significantly declined to ₹1,486.04 crore as compared with ₹6,588.23 crore in the year-ago period.
Eicher Motors is slated to report its first quarterly earnings today. The share price was trading 1.07% lower during the morning trade as analysts expect the street is expecting a 63% revenue dip and over 90% fall in its profit in the first-quarter earnings.
Despite posting a 22.8% rise in its net profit for the quarter ended on June 30, the shares of drugmaker Aurobindo Pharma declined nearly 3% in the early hours of trading.
TCS, HCL Wipro and other tech shares rally during the morning trade
IT stocks rallied after the Donald Trump administration announced certain exemptions in the H-1B and L-1 travel ban for those continuing employment with the same employer. All three major Tech companies’ shares were trading above 2% higher than the previous close.
SEE ALSO: Top stocks to watch today— Britannia, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, M&M Financial, Indiabulls Housing and more
It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Chemcon makes a lot of money for its IPO investors — shares list at double the issue price
- Top stock movers — RIL, PVR, Bajaj Auto, INOX Leisure, ONGC, Oil India and more
- ISRO to carry first-ever French payload abroad Venus mission scheduled for 2025
- BJP MP Ravi Kishan gets Y plus category security
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank shortlists three candidates for MD & CEO post — will send names to RBI in a week