Suzlon's Rs 1,200 cr rights issue launched, company aims to cut down debt
These shareholders will get the right to buy fresh shares using their 'Rights Entitlement'.
The closing date for the rights issue is October 20.
Meanwhile, Suzlon's Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
He said that the board will meet at the end of the current quarter to discuss the matter.
Explaining the reason behind the rights issue, Mody said that it was mainly done to clear the debt in the company.
He said the debt was cut down to around Rs 3,000 crore after the refinancing done in May this year.
Out of the Rs 1,200 crore rights issue, around Rs 900 crore would be used to repay the debt, which will streamline the company's finances, the CFO added.
Under the rights issue, Suzlon will issue up to 240 crores partly paid-up equity shares at a price of Rs 5 per share aggregating to Rs 1,200 crore.
TCS’s commentary on demand dynamics pull IT sector stocks into the red
Indian markets open lower due to weak global cues, FII outflows and rupee
Popular on BI
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes