Tata Motors rallies 15% as TPG’s billion dollars spark a series of upgrades for the stock
- Shares of Tata Motors rallied 15% as private equity firm TPG’s Rise Climate Fund has committed to invest ₹7,500 crore (around $1 billion at current prices) in the company’s EV business.
- The development has turned analysts positive on the company’s EV dreams as they believe Tata Motors’ volumes will surge in the near term due to lack of competition.
- The automaker aims to create a portfolio of 10 electric vehicles in the next five years.
Shares of Tata Motors stole the limelight on Wednesday as it rallied 15% as analysts turned bullish on the company’s electric vehicle (EV) business after it announced a billion dollar investment by a private equity firm on Tuesday.
View all Offers
View all Offers
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
- 29% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G (Sky Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 16999₹ 23990Buy On
Private equity firm TPG’s Rise Climate Fund along with Abu Dhabi Development Holding will make an investment worth ₹7500 crore (around $1 billion at current prices) in Tata Motors’ electric vehicles (EV) segment, it had said.
Analysts believe the development will turn fortunes for the company reeling from its Jaguar Land Rover business.
Advertisement“Lack of competition in the near term may continue to benefit Tata’s EV volumes though progress has to be tracked,” said analysts at HSBC while raising the target price for the stock to ₹550.
At 9:36 a.m., on Wednesday, shares of the company were trading nearly 15% higher at ₹483.
Meanwhile, Kotak Institutional Equities and Nomura upgraded their rating for the stock to “BUY”.
|Brokerages||New target prices for Tata Motors’ stock|
|Kotak Institutional Equities||₹500|
“We believe the domestic EV business can be the game changer for the company given strong government push amid favorable policies and growing consumer demand for greener solutions,” said a report by Kotak Institutional Equities.
Tata Motors’ domestic passenger vehicle business currently has 71% market share in the EV segment with revenues of around ₹5-6 billion as of FY2021, according to Kotak’s report.
SEE ALSO: TPG makes a billion dollar bet on Tata Motors’ EV dreams
AdvertisementFrom home sales and jewellery to power consumption, these are all the sectors that are back to pre-pandemic levels
Reliance Industries, Tata Motors, Infosys, Wipro and other hot stocks on October 13
Popular on BI
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India
- Amazon-backed office shuttle service Shuttl finds a saviour in Chalo