Tech giants Facebook and Amazon notch all-time highs in intraday trading
- Facebook surged more than 6% Wednesday to a record high of about $230 per share. The company announced a day earlier it would roll out Facebook and Instagram shops starting Wednesday.
- Amazon shares also hit a record high Wednesday, surging as much as 1.5% to nearly $2,490 per share.
- Tech stocks have largely outperformed amid the coronavirus crisis as investors have bet on their solid long-term performance.
- Watch Facebook trade live on Markets Insider.
- Watch Amazon trade live on Markets Insider.
- Read more on Business Insider.
The new tool means that consumers can shop and make purchases on their favorite stores' Facebook and Instagram pages as many small business' physical stores remain closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. It marks the largest move into e-commerce yet for the company.
Amazon shares also hit a record high on Wednesday, surging as much as 1.5% to nearly $2,490 per share. Tech stocks have largely outperformed amid the coronavirus crisis as investors have bet on their solid long-term performance.
The strong performance from both stocks has supported the tech-heavy
Now, the Nasdaq is trading only about 5% lower than its all-time high close on February 19.Read the original article on Business Insider
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Pakistan facing worst economic crisis ever as its rupee plunges, says Asian Lite report
- Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid mixed global cues: L&T, Tech Mahindra, Adani Enterprises, LIC among stocks in focus
- These are the brands that make shopping easy for customers
- Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report