Tesla jumps 8% to record high after Elon Musk email shows optimism around a profitable 2nd quarter
- On Monday, Tesla CEO
Elon Musksent an email to employees that indicated the company might break even in the second quarter.
- Shares of
Teslasurged as much as 8% Tuesday to an intraday all-time high of $1,087.50.
- Tesla's second quarter delivery numbers are expected sometime this week, ahead of the Fourth of July weekend.
- Watch Tesla trade live on Markets Insider.
- Read more on Business Insider.
Shares of Tesla jumped as much as 8% to an all-time intraday high of $1,087.50 Tuesday after a leaked email from CEO Elon Musk showed optimism that the company could break even in the second quarter."Breaking even is looking super tight. Really makes a difference for every car you build and deliver. Please go all out to ensure victory!" Musk wrote in a Monday email to employees. The email was first reported by Electrek.Advertisement
Tesla is expected to report its second quarter vehicle deliveries sometime this week, ahead of the Fourth of July weekend. Toyota, the highest-valued automaker in the world.
In the first quarter of the year, Tesla reported stronger-than-expected vehicle deliveries and a surprise profit even though it dealt with factory closures in China due to the
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised