Alok Industries, Arvind, Deepak Spinners, Trident gain on PLI for textiles sector, analysts expect the rally to continue
- Shares of textile companies gained as investors cheered the government’s approval for the production linked incentive scheme (PLI) for textile.
- The scheme is reportedly expected to provide employment to 7.5 lakh people.
- Analysts believe some quality textile stocks will continue to rise for a few more trading sessions.
A few textile company stocks gained on Wednesday as investors cheered the government’s approval for the production linked incentive scheme (PLI) for the textile industry in India.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 16% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
Under the scheme, incentives worth ₹10,683 crore will be provided over five years to the sector. The move is positive for the sector and the economy as it will help bolster domestic manufacturing, boost employment and scape up exports. The scheme is reportedly expected to provide employment to 7.5 lakh people.
PLI scheme typically provides incentives to companies for enhancing their domestic manufacturing apart from focusing on reducing import bills and improving the cost competitiveness of local goods.
AdvertisementThe news led to a rise in shares of the textile companies like Alok Industries, Arvind, Deepak Spinners and others.
|Textile companies||Share gain|
|Siyaram Silk Mills||2.46%|
Analysts believe some quality textile stocks will continue to rise for a few more trading sessions.
Saurabh Jain of SMC Global Securities reportedly said, “As the cabinet approval for PLI scheme to the textile sector has been announced, some quality textile stocks are expected to extend this rally in upcoming trade sessions as well.”
The Indian textiles and apparel industry is one of the largest in the world and is also a key contributor to India’s export, as it contributes 12% to export earnings and 2% to the GDP, according to Indian Brand Equity Foundation, a government’s export promotion agency.
Meanwhile, some of the textile company stocks have been rising in the last five trading sessions in anticipation of the PLI scheme and hence did not react today.
|Textiles companies||% returns in 5 days|
|Indo Count Industries||13.42%|
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: More consolidation may happen in insurance sector going ahead; SBI Life, ICICI Prudential Life among analysts top picks
Some of India’s biggest investors are nervous but not everyone wants to leave the party
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp's chat migration feature to transfer messages from iOS to Android is coming to Pixel, Android 12 phones
- Axis Bank, Bajaj Finance, Maruti Suzuki and other hot stocks on October 27 as earnings season gathers momentum
- Nykaa’s IPO to open tomorrow — check last date, listing date and more
- Best plastic stool for home in India
- Best wooden stool for living room in India