The Winklevoss twins said buying Bitcoin is the 'trade of the century' and predicted a 30x return in a recent interview. Here are the 9 best quotes
Winklevoss twinspitched a large purchase of Bitcointoday as the "trade of the century" and predicted the digital currencywill soar by 30 times in a recent Real Vision interview.
- Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss also described Bitcoin as a
social network, suggested comic books and baseball cards would increasingly move to blockchains, and bemoaned the Federal Reserve's lack of transparency.
- Here are their 9 best quotes from the interview.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss described buying a large amount of Bitcoin now as the "trade of the century" and predicted the
The twins, who famously accused Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg of stealing their idea when he launched the social-media company, are Bitcoin billionaires and run a digital-currency exchange named Gemini. They made the comments during a a Real Vision interview filmed on December 7 and released on December 11.
The pair also compared Bitcoin to a social network, predicted
Here are their nine best quotes from the interview, lightly edited and condensed for clarity:
Tyler: "Bitcoin was the first internet money in the world. Then when you realize that money is the greatest social network of all, Bitcoin is maybe the greatest social network of all also."
Cameron: "We are just not going to run away with your Bitcoin. It just does not make any sense for us to do that."
Cameron: "The mainland is legacy finance, crypto is an island. We want to see an inversion where crypto becomes the mainland and legacy
Tyler: "The comic books you grew up reading, the baseball cards you collected, those are now being put on a blockchain because people are starting to realize their physical nature is actually not a feature, it is a bug. It is not about the physical nature. It is the scarcity. It is the uniqueness."
Tyler: "I do not know who said compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. Albert Einstein or Warren Buffett, maybe it was Gandhi, I do not know" - the quote is commonly attributed to Einstein.
Tyler: "How do these conversations go behind the curtain? It is like the Wizard of Oz. The Fed, it is a mystery, and there is no clarity on how the decision is made. Wave the magic wand, Jerome Powell says this or that. It is insanity."
Tyler: "The dominoes are starting to fall, and eventually it is going to be a central bank, some very smart companies, a country is going to take a huge position in Bitcoin and talk about it."
Tyler: "The trade of the century is still out there for a couple of people, a couple of hedge-fund managers. It will be as great as the George Soros breaking the pound trade" - describing the opportunity for a fund manager to buy $100 million worth of Bitcoin.
Tyler: "Our thesis is that Bitcoin rises 30-fold from here because it is digital gold, it disrupts gold."
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi