While benchmark index Sensex gained 49% in the last one year, Gita Renewable Energy climbed 1421% during the period. Gita Renewable Energy is engaged in producing power from renewable resources including wind, solar and hydro. The company was incorporated in 2010 and is based in Gummidipoondi, Tamil Nadu.The company turning into profitability was a huge milestone for the company. The firm has been incurring losses continuously in all financial years since it got listed in 2015. It turned profitable in the March quarter 2021 quarter when it posted a profit of ₹15 lakh. In the June quarter, the net profit rose to ₹36 lakh. Promoters hold a major stake in the company with 73.05% held by them and the rest 26.95% held by public shareholders. Another firm in the renewables sector is JSW Energy, part of the JSW conglomerate. JSW Energy is one of the largest power sector producing companies in India that has a generating capacity of 4543 megawatt with a combination of thermal power, hydel power and solar power. Pursuing the endeavour to provide sustainable and green energy, it has taken a few steps towards green energy by creating a 10 megawatt solar power plant. The company has made an investment to create an asset base of 1.77 megawatt solar rooftop system and 10.46 megawatt ground mount solar system at the company’s cement plant, thermal power plant and hydel power plant spread over Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.The company has a market capitalisation of ₹51,434 crore as on September 15. Borosil Renewables manufactures solar glass in India. The company spotted the opportunity in the segment quite early and commissioned its solar glass manufacturing facility in January 2010. Reportedly, the demand for solar glass in India stands at 650 tonnes per day of which 60% is met with imports from Malaysia and China and rest 40% is fulfilled by Borosil, which is said to be the only solar glass manufacturer in India. The company also exports solar panel glass to Europe, with the primary focus being Germany, Spain, Portugal, Russia, and Turkey. The company has a market capitalisation of ₹4,218 crore. Another company in the solar industry is Websol Energy System, which is said to be the leading manufacturer of photovoltaic monocrystalline solar cells and modules in India. Its products range from 5 watt to 220 watt, catering to the demands of home, commercial, and industrial institutions, and has been in business for more than two decades. Every solar cell that the company manufactures and uses in its modules is tested and electrically matched. The company has a market capitalisation of ₹214 crore. Adani Power is a producer of thermal power with a capacity of 12,450 megawatt. It also operates a mega solar plant of 40 megawatt at Bitta, Kutch district of Gujarat along with other coal based power plants in the state. In 2013, the company commissioned a 40 megawatt solar power project in Kutch, Gujarat. The company has a market capitalisation of ₹38,222 crore.