Top stock movers — Future Retail, Infosys, Adani Green, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Strides Pharma, Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar, ICICI Bank, Cipla and more
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 0.55% higher, while the Nifty50 rose 60.30 points.
- These were the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 0.55% higher, while the Nifty50 rose 60.30 points.
These were the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack:
*as of September 15, 9:50 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Sun Pharma||HCL Tech|
Strides Pharma shares gain 3%
The drug major Strides Pharma Science said it would invest ₹135 crore over the next two years to acquire around 54% stake in SteriScience Pharma Pvt Ltd.
This will make SteriScience the company’s dedicated arm for the global sterile injectables business, Strides Pharma Science said in a filing to the BSE.
Future Retail shares dip 2% in early trading hours
The shares of Future Retail lost nearly 2% a day after it reported a net loss of ₹242.2 crore for the quarter ended June 30. The company’s overall revenue was down 88.6% to ₹ 163.2 crore compared to the same period last year.
Ugar Sugar Works, Balrampur Chini, Dhampur Sugar, Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar and other sugar stocks rally
Ugar Sugar Works, Balrampur Chini, Dhampur Sugar, Bajaj Hindusthan Sugar and other sugar stocks gained after subsidy rules on sugar export were eased. The sugar-making companies will now get 180 days to claim the subsidy instead of 90 days.
AdvertisementICICI Bank shares advance 2%
The shares of ICICI Bank advanced 2% after the company told investors that the RBI had exempted it from provisions of the Banking Regulation Act 1949 relating to its investments in its insurance companies.
A government notification exempts ICICI Bank from cutting stake to 30% in ICICI Lombard General Insurance and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, for a period of three years.
Adani Green crosses ₹1 trillion market capitalisation
Adani Green shares were locked in a 5% upper circuit after touching an all time high of ₹670.65 on the BSE. With this Adani Green also became the first Adani Group subsidiary to cross ₹1 trillion market capitalisation.
Infosys shares advanced 5%
The shares of tech giant Infosys advanced 5%, adding to gains from yesterday. On Monday, the company said it would acquire Czech Republic-based GuideVision for up to €30 million ( ₹260.4 crore).
SEE ALSO: Sensex gains 200 points; Nifty tests 11,500 amid positive global cues
Top stocks to watch— Future Retail, PVR, Central Bank, ICICI Bank, SpiceJet, Indiabulls Housing Finance and more
- Sensex tumbles 531 points, Nifty ends below 14,250 — IT and auto drag market lower
- Ahead of farmers Republic Day tractor parade, thousands of police personnel deployed in Ghaziabad
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,854 crore on low provisions for bad loans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution
- COVID-19 vaccine recipient dies after getting jab in California