Top stock movers — Pfizer, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, TCS, Infosys, IndiGo, SpiceJet, JK Cement, Lemon Tree Hotel, Indian Hotels, and others
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 296.95 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 0.61% on Tuesday at 10:00 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 296.95 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty climbed 0.61% on Tuesday at 10:00 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 9, 9:57 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Bajaj Finance||Tech M|
|IndusInd Bank||HCL Tech|
These are the top stocks in news today.
Pfizer India shares zoom 19%
Pfizer India shares gained over 19% a day after the company announced that its COVID-19 vaccine trial data suggests that its shots prevented more than 90% of symptomatic infection. This indicates the company is on track later this month to file an emergency use application with US regulators.
IndiGo and SpiceJet gain on hopes of a COVID vaccine soon
Air travel has been one of the hardest hit in the past 10 months, and now the hope of a COVID vaccine soon has brought a rally in the shares of the listed airline companies. IndiGo was trading 6% higher, whereas SpiceJet was up 4%.
Inox Leisure trades 4% higher
The shares of cinema giant Inox Leisure gained over 4% after it launched its qualified institutional placement (QIP) at ₹263.1 per share. The floor price is set at a 1.42% discount to Monday’s closing price.
JK Cement hits 52-week high; trades 4% higher
The shares of JK Cement gained over 4%, hitting the 52-week high on the back of strong Q2 results. The company reported an almost three-fold jump in consolidated net profit to ₹221.55 crore for the second quarter ended September 30.
Lemon Tree Hotel, Indian Hotels, EIH and other hospitality stocks rally
Lemon Tree Hotel, Indian Hotels, EIH and other hospitality stocks rallied after positive COVID vaccine news. Lemon Tree Hotel was trading 6% higher, Indian Hotels was up 8%, and EIH gained 5%, during the early trading hours on Tuesday.
SEE ALSO: Bihar Election Results 2020: Counting of votes begin, early trends indicate the Grand Alliance edging ahead of the JDU
Google will be probed by India’s Competition Commission for allegedly ‘abusing dominance’ to push its payments app
Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is 90% effective in preventing coronavirus in those who haven’t been infected ever before, shows data from latest trials
- AR Rahman becomes BAFTA Breakthrough India ambassador
- 'Delhi Chalo' march: Shabad, Gurbani resonates as farmers' protests enter fifth day on Gurpurab
- With over 38,000 new COVID-19 cases, India's tally crosses 9.4 million
- From studying to become a banker to now having her own OTT show, here's social media star Saloni Gaur's journey
- Tamil Nadu extends COVID-19 restrictions till December 31 — Chennai’s Marina beach to re-open after two weeks