Top stock movers — RIL, Future Retail, Ircon International, Dr Reddy's Lab, ONGC, HDFC and more
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 1.52% lower; while the Nifty50 cracked 150 points at 10:05 am.
- These were the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock market index Sensex tumbled over 500 points on Tuesday, led by massive sell-off in global stocks amid heavy foreign fund outflow.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 1.52% lower; while the Nifty50 cracked 150 points at 10:05 am.
These were the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack:
*as of September 24, 10:00 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Dr. Reddy's Laboratories||Hindalco|
|Power Grid||Bajaj Finance|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||Zee Entertainment Limited|
AdvertisementRIL and Future Retail trade in red
RIL shares down 1%, while Future Retail lost 5% as the Competition Commission of India (CCI) will examine the online and offline aspects of the Reliance-Future Group deal – separately and together – to ascertain their effect on competition, according to reports.
RIL’s retail arm sought the CCI approval for its ₹24,713 crore acquisition of the online and offline businesses of Future Retail.
Ircon International shares gains 2%
The shares of Ircon International surged 2% in an otherwise weak market after it secured contracts worth over ₹400 crore from the Ministry of Railways. The contracts pertain to works of nine roads over bridges.
Dr Reddy's Lab shares up 1%
The shares of Dr Reddy's Labs were trading 1% higher after the company received US Food and Drug Administration nod for its hyperparathyroidism drug, Cinacalcet Tablet.
HDFC Limited shares down 1%
The shares of Housing Development Finance Corporation was down 1% after the company said it is looking to raise up to ₹5,000 crore by issuing bonds on a private placement basis.
ONGC shares down 2%
The shares of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas company was down 2% after a massive fire broke out in its Surat-based Hazira gas processing plant in the early hours of Thursday.
AdvertisementThe reason and the damage due to the fire at ONGC plant are yet to be ascertained.
Tata Motors DVR shares up 2%
The shares of Tata Motors DVR 'A' Ordinary were up 2% after the parent company Tata Sons bought 37.63 lakh shares in the company at ₹59.83 per share on the NSE.
AdvertisementFuture Consumer shares down 4%
Kishore Biyani owned Future Consumer shares shed 4% value during the early trade hours after the promoter entity Future Capital Investment invoked 36.6 lakh pledged equity shares of Future Consumer.
SEE ALSO: EXCLUSIVE: YES Bank's workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March but now it's hiring again for the coming year
Online grocery market is booming – HUL's Shikhar app now gets double the orders, Big Baskets rakes in thrice the volume
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms