Top stock movers — RIL, Future Retail, Ujjivan SFB, Pfizer, CG Power, and others
- The 30-share BSE index was trading 309 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty was trading 0.65% higher on Monday at 9:40 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian equity benchmark indices surged in early trade on Monday, tracking gains in index-heavyweights Reliance Industries, HDFC Bank and Infosys amid largely positive cues from global markets and sustained foreign fund inflow.
The 30-share BSE index was trading 309 points higher, and the broader NSE Nifty was trading 0.65% higher on Monday at 9:40 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of November 23, 9:57 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|IndusInd Bank||Tata Motors|
These are the top stocks in news today.
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank leaps over 10%
The shares of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank gained over 10% after the central bank’s Internal Working Group (IWG) has proposed 12 changes to ownership guidelines and corporate structure for Indian private sector banks. The panel recommends that banks currently under NOHFC (non-operative financial holding company) structure may be allowed to exit from such parameters.
Reliance Industries and Future Retail gain after CCI approval
The shares of Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries gained over 2% after The Competition Commission has approved Reliance's proposed acquisition of retail, wholesale, logistics and warehousing businesses of Future Group. The ₹24,713 crore deal will boost Reliance Industries' fast-growing retail business.
The shares of Kishore Biyani-led Future Retail were also locked in a 10% upper circuit during the morning trade.
Pfizer shares gain over a percent
The shares of COVID vaccine manufacturer Pfizer gained over a percent after news reports hinted that the UK could give regulatory approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine this week, even before the United States authorises it.
CG Power locked in 5% upper circuit
The shares of CG Power were locked in a 5% upper circuit after lenders agreed to a one-time loan restructuring to pave way for the Chennai-based Murugappa Group taking over the scam-hit equipment maker.
CG Power’s total debt stands at ₹2,161 crore, of which a consortium of 14 banks have taken a haircut of ₹1,100 crore and restructured the remaining.
SEE ALSO: Amazon Pharmacy is going to be the first big test of public trust in Prime and will expose the company to more scrutiny
Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to cost govts $25-$37 per dose: CEO
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani