Top stocks to watch — BPCL, IndiGo, Asian Paints, SpiceJet, Coal India, PVR, GMR Infra, Ingersoll Rand, and others
- At 7:40 am, the SGX Nifty was up 0.30%, indicating a positive start for Nifty50.
- Here’s a list of stocks to watch for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
On Monday, the US stocks ended in positive territory as the head of the White House’s Operation Warp Speed said some Americans would be able to receive coronavirus vaccinations by mid-December. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 327 points higher, and the S&P 500 was up 0.56%.
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session today:
Oil, paint, aviation stocks in focus
AdvertisementOil, paint and aviation stocks will be in focus during the trade as the crude oil prices continue to rise. Crude oil climbed to its highest price since September 1 on Monday after AstraZeneca announced an encouraging update to the development of its coronavirus vaccine. Crude oil is a key component for manufacturing of paint and turbine fuel.
Watch out for the likes of BPCL, HPCL, IOC, Asian Paints, Berger Paints, IndiGo, and others in these sectors.
SpiceHealth, a company founded by SpiceJet promoters, has launched a budget Covid test. The company will conduct the Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test for COVID-19 starting at ₹499. This will drastically reduce the price of the RT-PCR test which ordinally costs ₹3500.
The shares of SpiceJet ended 3% lower on Monday.
Ingersoll Rand India
The promoter Ingersoll Rand Inc will sell up to 4.52% stake through an Offer for Sale (OFS) at a floor price of ₹578.6/share. The offer opens for non-retail investors today and tomorrow for retail investors.
AdvertisementThe shares of Ingersoll Rand India ended 3% higher on Monday.
Four trade unions have served a one-day strike notice to the company and its arms on November 26; the company informed investors. Efforts would be made to avert the strike and conciliatory process is going on, it said, without giving out further details.
Also, Coal India has raised non-coking coal prices by ₹10 per ton for regulated and non-regulated sectors
The shares of Coal India ended 1% higher on Monday.
The stock exchanges have given a no-objection letter for the demerger of the company’s textile business into GHCL Textiles.
AdvertisementThe shares of GHCL ended 2% higher on Monday.
Gold loan NBFC Muthoot Finance has tied up with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance to provide insurance on gold jewellery as part of their new initiative - “Muthoot Gold Shield”, which is backed and powered by insurer’s Group Affinity All Risk policy. The policy is designed to provide insurance coverage of gold jewellery articles for customers of the company at the time of closure of a gold loan and the release of gold ornaments.
The shares of Muthoot Finance ended 3% lower on Monday.
Gemasia has acquired 4.25 lakh shares or 0.77% stake in PVR at ₹1,265.67 per share.
The shares of PVR ended 4% higher on Monday.
A step-down subsidiary of GMR Infra, GMR Kamalanga Energy is required to pay claims of ₹1,005 crore to SEPCO Electric Power Construction Corporation towards project payments, prolongation costs, as confirmed by the arbitration tribunal.
The shares of GMR Infra ended 6% higher on Monday.
Jubilant Industries to transfer its liquor license and will not manufacture India Made Foreign Liquor hereon.
The shares of Jubilant Industries ended 10% higher on Monday.
AdvertisementTrigyn Technologies has extended its contract with the United Nations for the provision of I.T. staffing support service till December 2021.
The shares of Trigyn Technologies ended 10% higher on Monday.
SEE ALSO: Biden will pick former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen to head the Treasury Department
Boris Johnson relaxes the national coronavirus lockdown and says families can meet to celebrate Christmas
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- NASA’s James Webb telescope ready to arrive at its final destination, L2
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022