Top stocks to watch today— Britannia, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, M&M Financial, Indiabulls Housing and more
- The SGX Nifty was trading nearly a percent higher, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
- Here's a list of stocks to watch out for in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementAmid positive cues from the global market, Indian stock-market indices are likely to open higher on Thursday.
At 8:05 am, the SGX Nifty was trading nearly a percent higher, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50. On Wednesday, the
These are the stocks to watch out for during the trading session on August 13:
The board of Tata Power has approved the merger of its wholly-owned subsidiary Coastal Gujarat Power Ltd, into the parent company to provide financial relief as it continues to face losses. Gujarat Power operates the ultra mega power plant at Mundra. Besides that, the company on Wednesday posted a consolidated net profit of ₹268 crore, up 10% compared to the same quarter last year.
The shares of Tata Power ended nearly 3% higher yesterday.
According to a stock-exchange filing Britannia Industries has allotted ‘commercial papers’ for an aggregate amount of ₹300 crores on August 12, with tenure of 12 months. Commercial paper is an unsecured debt instrument issued typically for the financing of a firm’s short-term liabilities.
The shares of Britannia Industries ended over 2% lower yesterday.
Hero MotoCorp is slated to report its first quarterly earnings, today. According analysts, the company is expected to see a 66% revenue dip, and over 88% fall in its profit.
The shares of Hero MotoCorp ended over 2% higher yesterday.
Drugmaker Aurobindo Pharma’s net profit was up 22.81% to ₹780.68 crore for the quarter ended on June 30, 2020, mainly on account of robust sales in the US market. The shares of Aurobindo Pharma ended nearly 1% lower yesterday.
Sameer Gehlaut has stepped down as the Executive Chairman of Indiabulls Housing Finance (IBH). The company has appointed former RBI deputy governor SS Mundra as its non-executive chairman with immediate effect. The shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance ended over 2% higher yesterday.
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services has raised ₹3,088.82 crore through a rights issue which was oversubscribed approximately 1.3 times.
AdvertisementThe rights issue of the deposit-taking non-banking finance company closed on Tuesday. The shares of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services ended nearly 1% higher yesterday.
Eicher Motors, GAIL India, Grasim Industries, Aditya Birla Fashion
These companies are slated to report their first quarterly earnings today.
SEE ALSO: IndiGo shares rally over 9% after the company decides to lease back 12 of its aircrafts
It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Walmart lays off hundreds of employees to 'prepare for the future'
- Japan supermarket sales drop for first time in eight months
- Best lightweight gaming laptops to buy in 2023
- Starbucks new CEO Laxman Narasimhan to work as barista in stores every month
- Weighed down by a strong dollar, Rupee falls 24 paise to close at 82.44/USD