Uber, Facebook, and Booking.com are best picks to play unfolding recovery, Wall Street analyst says
- Mark Mahaney, RBC Capital
Marketslead internet analyst, told CNBC that Uber, recoveryplay unfolds.
- The analyst said he's looking beyond COVID-19 "winners" like online entertainment and e-commerce sites.
- Mahaney's favorite
recovery stocksare those with good business models, even if they're slow to recover.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Mark Mahaney, RBC Capital Markets lead internet analyst, told CNBC on Tuesday that his top three stocks are Uber, Facebook, and
The analyst said he's looking past the "winners" from the COVID-19 crisis, like Amazon, Shopify, and Netflix and turning to recovery stocks, or "vaccine stocks" — presumably referring to stocks that will rebound once a
Mahaney said the recovery stocks he likes particularly are "the one's that have really lagged year-to-date, but I think are good business models that are starting to recover, maybe more slowly than I thought two, three months ago, but are starting to recover."He then listed "the Ubers and Lyfts, travel names like Booking.com, and ... some of the advertising names like Facebook" as examples.
He said his top three stocks are Uber, Facebook, and Booking. Uber was down 1.96% in before-hours trading on Tuesday. On Monday evening a San Francisco Superior Court judge ruled that the ride-hailing company, along with its competitor
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021