US defense stocks rally after Russia launches attacks on Ukraine
stocksrose in Thursday trading as Russialaunched attacks in Ukraine.
- While global equities have plunged, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, and others weapons suppliers were up.
Shares of top defense stocks gained Thursday after Russia commenced attacks on Ukraine, while global equities overall plunged.
The US and European allies have supplied Ukraine with military equipment leading up to Russia's invasion. And the start of war there could increase pressure on NATO countries to boost defense spending.
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered a "special military operation" in Ukraine on Thursday after deploying troops into separatist areas of the country earlier this week.
In a speech announcing the attack, Putin threatened the West with "consequences greater than any you have faced in history" if it intervenes in Ukraine, and he boasted about Russia's nuclear arsenal.
The attacks rocked global
- Best Amazon deals on large appliances - AC, TV, Fridge, Washing machine, Dishwasher
- How Russia-Ukraine war helped this Thane-based company become a multibagger
- Bollywood’s flops now pose a big risk to multiplex chains
- As companies prepare to hire and retain, they're hiring more HR professionals
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore