US stocks fluctuate as investors weigh stimulus outlook and political turmoil
stocksfluctuated between gains and losses on Wednesday as investors prepared for House Democrats to move to impeach Trump for the second time.
- Bitcoin is hovering around $35,000, a key technical level that could determine the cryptocurrency's longer-term direction.
- Sign up here our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
US stocks pointed edged higher on Wednesday as investors weighed ongoing stimulus efforts and prepared for House Democrats to move to impeach Trump for the second time.Vice President Mike Pence ruled out invoking the 25th amendment to remove Trump based on accusations that he provoked a right-wing mob to storm the Capitol. Pence's decision sets the stage for Democrats to move ahead with impeaching Trump.
Here's where US indexes stood shortly after the 9:30 a.m. ET open on Wednesday:
- S&P 500: 3,801.93, up 0.02%
- Dow Jones industrial average: 31,074.18, up 0.02% (5 points)
- Nasdaq composite: 13,086.57, up 0.11%
Bitcoin is hovering around $35,000, a key technical level on the charts. A break above or below those levels could pave the way for the next burst towards record highs, or a more protracted decline, analysts say."The cryptocurrency market has come under fire in recent days, with Bitcoin and Ethereum both sinking lower as a wave of risk aversion sweeps across global financial
Now read more markets coverage from Markets Insider and Business Insider:A leading Wall Street firm asked 7 famous investors about their favorite stocks and the global trades they're using to stay ahead of the competition. Here's what they're betting on now.
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family