Virgin Galactic rockets 22% after Tesla investor Ark reveals it will launch a space-themed ETF
Virgin Galacticshares surged as much as 22% on Thursday.
- The space-tourism group may be added to
Ark Investment Management's planned space-exploration exchange-traded fund.
- The fund manages a total of $42 billion in
ETFproducts, Bloomberg estimated.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Virgin Galactic stock soared as much as 22% on Thursday, boosting its market capitalization by about $1.4 billion, after a major investment fund disclosed plans to launch a space-themed exchange-traded fund.
Investors in the commercial-spaceflight company - whose cofounder is the billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson and whose chairman is the billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya - are betting it will be included in Ark Investment Management's ARK
Ark, led by
Thanks to a massive influx of investor capital in recent months, Ark now oversees about $42 billion in ETF products, a sharp increase from less than $4 billion a year ago, Bloomberg estimated.
Wood and her team plan to actively manage their space ETF. They intend to invest in domestic and foreign companies engaged in space exploration and innovation and to hold 40 to 55
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions