Virgin Galactic rockets 22% after Tesla investor Ark reveals it will launch a space-themed ETF
Virgin Galacticshares surged as much as 22% on Thursday.
- The space-tourism group may be added to
Ark Investment Management's planned space-exploration exchange-traded fund.
- The fund manages a total of $42 billion in
ETFproducts, Bloomberg estimated.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Virgin Galactic stock soared as much as 22% on Thursday, boosting its market capitalization by about $1.4 billion, after a major investment fund disclosed plans to launch a space-themed exchange-traded fund.
Investors in the commercial-spaceflight company - whose cofounder is the billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson and whose chairman is the billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya - are betting it will be included in Ark Investment Management's ARK
Thanks to a massive influx of investor capital in recent months, Ark now oversees about $42 billion in ETF products, a sharp increase from less than $4 billion a year ago, Bloomberg estimated.Wood and her team plan to actively manage their space ETF. They intend to invest in domestic and foreign companies engaged in space exploration and innovation and to hold 40 to 55
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar