Wipro share price 16% increase leads to surge in Infosys share price too
Wipro share pricehas jumped by 16% on Wednesday morning after the Indian IT services giants announced its Q1 results on Tuesday.
- Piggybacking on Wipro’s surge,
Infosys share priceis also up by 8%.
- Analysts expect the impact of the coronavirus impact on Infosys — which is set to announce its results today evening, July 15 — to be less than its peers.
Wipro’s gross revenue was down 5.1% this quarter as compared the previous quarter, and most of it came from the drop in revenue from IT services which fell by 7.3% quarter on quarter (QoQ).
However, it announced that it onboarded 7,000 new employees in the last three months, with plans to continue lateral hiring in the second quarter of 2020-21.
Infosys to announce Q1 results on Wednesday
After the results of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Wipro, Infosys is set to announce its first-quarter results on Wednesday evening, July 15. Analysts expect Infosys to be less impacted than its peers.
All eyes will be on new large deals that the Indian IT services giant was able to bring in over the next three months as well as the impact across different segments. The manufacturing and auto vertices are likely to see continued pressure.
Piggybacking on Wipro’s jump in share price, the Infosys stock is also rising as investors expect the company’s results to be better than its counterparts.
TCS to kickstart lateral hiring and bring back 5% of its employees to offices
A new CEO, Brexit and supply-side exposure may leave Wipro’s Q1 earnings more dented than others
The key thing to watch out for during Infosys earnings will be the size of the new deals
Popular on BI
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one