Workhorse defies meme-stock slowdown, soars 59% as Reddit traders target shorts
Workhorsesoared 59% to a two-month high as Reddit traderstarget the electric vehicle company.
- On Wednesday night, a Redditor published a post saying, "Is WKHS next to moon???"
- Data from MarketBeat show that 39% of Workhorse's shares are shorted in contrast to
Shares of Workhorse soared 59% to a two-month high Thursday as Reddit traders target the heavily shorted electric vehicle company.published a post saying, "Is WKHS next to moon???"
"The surge in shares of AMC Entertainment is yet another sign of the reckless meme stock-driven investing landscape that we find ourselves in today" David Trainer, CEO of New Constructs, an investment research firm, said.AMC sank as much as 17% early Thursday however after the company filed a plan to sell nearly 12 million shares. Retail traders that spurred the GameStop mania in January this year have revived their efforts of flooding into other heavily shorted meme stocks in an effort to squeeze short-sellers. Thus far, short-sellers, mostly hedge funds, have lost billions in their bouts with Reddit traders.
Shares of Workhorse were trading higher by 23.74% to $14.26 as of 11:40 a.m. ET.
- Amazon Freedom Sale announced: Discounts on smartphones, laptops, electronics and more
- Tata, Vistara, Wipro and many more are hiring for HR roles
- Watch out for 4 IPOs opening on August 4— here’s a snapshot for each of the companies selling shares tomorrow
- MG Motor joins hands with Jio to improve connected car experience on its upcoming vehicle
- Amazon, Microsoft and Google control nearly two-thirds of the global cloud infra market